Saturday 26 November 2011

Salzburg - the city of music again

St. Peter's Cemetery is one of the oldest Christian graveyard in Salzburg, infact I believe it is the oldest Christian graveyard in Europe, dating way back to 1600 (something!!). It in an attraction on its own. However, may visitors to the cemetery come to see the place where the Von Trapp family were hiding in the Sound of Music.
Here are a few pictures of the Cemetery in different angles.
I am totally in love with this cemetery and the only reason I write about it so much… is that I found it amazing that people still remembered their loved ones. Some of the graves were really old, some were used over the years for the same family… however, there are still candles lit on some of them.. and you can still see people paying their respects to the ones they loved.
The cemetery was astonishing. More pictures and some of graves in my next post.

2 comments:

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!