Thursday 23 June 2011

Peek into my home

I have been meaning to do this for a while now, that is, share bits of my home with you lovely folks. Patty knows how long that ‘while’ has been. Haha! Nevertheless, here are some shots for now.
V and I moved here in November last year and have been taking our own sweet time to do the apartment up. We're in no hurry. Moreover this place is not ours to keep so we are not entirely stressed about having the perfect furniture or apt paintings, accessories etc. But that does not stop us from discussing for weeks together on what colour to paint the walls or where to place a piece of furniture and the like. We may not always agree on the same thing (or mostly never ;-)) but I do like his involvement in these processes as it does feel good to be a winner most of the time! ;-) You’ve already seen my green wall here…now here’s a shot I took on my phone one lazy Friday…
I will get better pictures…at some point…but for now this one too is not bad I thought, also from my phone on the same lazy Friday! :-)
Apart from the bench you see in the first picture, here is another table I picked at Luckys…Yes, the same store I didn't stop talking about or days (for those of you who have endured by bragging on this!)
I'm signing off for now peeps, but I hope not to take a long while before I can share more corners from my home, and this time with a real camera! :-) - Harshi

12 comments:

  1. Hi Harshi. This is a nice post. I really like that bench and the subtle brown wall behind it... and that lamp is wow!!

    I am going to Lucky's very very soon to get furniture for my new house.
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went to pay a visit to your Lucky post...WOW! The bench as Richa said is exquisite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Harshi! You have no excuse! Pick up the camera and give us the true picture! I know its still....very much better! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Richa and Deepa :-)
    Hahaha, thanks Geetha. Will post with better pics soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harshi, your furniture picks are so gorgeous. I loved the bench and the table. and the lamp is pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Harshi...love love teh bench...love the printing blocks under the glass on the glass table...Love the table lamp...the lampshade goes so well with the ambnience and teh painting that your dad gifted you...
    darling but what happened to V and your camera?? Fite Mou!!! pick up your camera and shoot!!!...:-)Now it is Mrs V ke izaat ka badnam!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely space Harshita. Love that grey black wall with those colors around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful post Patricia! I love the lamp and you can keep braging about everything, it's all gorgeous! The Indian bench is wonderful, I love the lamp and the glass table, great decoration, I'm so glad I dropped by from a visit to Komalih! I'm also your latest follower so we can be friends and visit more often! I like Buddah, I also have one and love Indian decor. Nice meeting you, Fabby

    ReplyDelete
  9. the block print table is SO gorgeous! Great eye Harshi :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you all :-)
    Anpu - Promise you better pics on the way. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely diwan(couch) and I love the nightstand. I am guessing those are bockprint diecuts on the top of it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's right Radn...the nightstand in inlayed with blockprint diecuts under the glass top. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!