Wednesday 23 November 2011

...Back home

...Hello my lovelies! Isn't that how Patty greets us everyday...:-) Well I am back from my vacation and time away from the US, traveling in Europe, visiting India and doing all that fun stuff (and not so fun stuff) that I had planned for 2 years... we visited many places, clicked many pictures, met some lovely people along the way, friends, relatives, ate different cusines, the list is endless...I updated Facebook everyday and shared my travels, musings...and here I am trying to write a post after a long time and I dont know where to start and what to write...Does that happen to you?

 




My vacation traveling route was distributed into three legs... 1st leg: Budapest to Vienna to Prague to Bombay 2nd leg: Bombay to Amritsar to Katra to Vaishnodevi to Jammu 3rd leg: Bombay to Bangalore to Hassan to Halebid to Belur to Mysore... ...add to this 5.2 weeks of working from Mumbai in the US times, with some major repairs/painting in my Bombay home. Trust me, managing very large implementations is easy compared to supervising and micromanaging and negotiating with the supervisor and his team...

 
Budapest, the beautiful Hungarian city, the warm people, the gothic architecture still retained in the old city, the Churchs, palace, the parliment building, the list is endless. Vienna stood out for its Museums, its Operas...oh yes we attended 2 of them and Salzburg. Prague, another beautiful city...with so much to see, feel and experience. And I visited these 3 places on a 10 day transit, courtesy Delta. Don't you love Delta!
 
India is India...no place in this world can be more beautiful, warm, varied and inviting... What did I love most about my trip to India? -Being with my Amma, spending time with her, traveling to places she wanted to see, sharing experiences, and yes fighting and arguing too...we plan to travel more in 2012...her list is long...and Rab raka, she is doing well -Being with my cousins, my aunts, my friends, sharing loads of stuff. Eating, shopping ...just being together was enough. -Catching up with many of our/my friends on the phone...and some I hadn't met for 20 odd years... -Loved my aunts spoiling me with her awesome breakfasts and food, loved my mom's snacks that she would quietly place beside me (she was not supposed to as I was watching my diet) and alas, I would'nt realize and just empty the plate... -Feeling blessed, visiting the beautiful Harmindir Sahib, the Vaishnodevi temple, temples in and around Jammu, the Belur, Halebid temples, Nagmangala, Haji Ali...oh the list never ends... -aah yes and shopping, shopping and shopping...Sarees, Jewelry, dresses, pottery, local handicrafts...


I have come back happy, calm, composed and contended. My face glows...say my friends...:-)

~~ Anpu

14 comments:

  1. welcome back Patty:) what a lovely post...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a lovely trip, Anpu!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures, particularly all the gorgeous paintings in the one pic:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely post anpu..was following your posts on FB religiously :)..welcome back..we should meet ..soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. sorry Anpu..by mistake wrote Patty...:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had an awesome trip! Loved all the gorgeous pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow! Ur vacation sounds great! Hope to read more of your travel tales. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Annu:
    Amazing..Love to hear more :-)

    Ketan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for taking us along virtually with you on your wonderful trip. Exciting and exhausting. Great photographs. Happy Thanksgiving.

    My3

    ReplyDelete
  10. anpu a visit back home always brings on that glow... so next time before it fades do plan a visit,,,,,,,,,,,,,,;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great Vacation. I can imagine how busy you must have been. Being with your family and being loved by them is the BEST.

    ReplyDelete
  12. That was a lovely roundup Anpu and so varied too. Must have enjoyed a light and the best thing - to be with amma. We need these doses of good times to recharge us for another couple of years. Looking forward to a post on your shopping :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anpu- Was following your adventures on Facebook. Same as Shanthi- Looking forward to photos of the 'loot' Welcome back!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tht kolam pic is too good,..:)

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!