Friday 20 January 2012

Travel Taiwan ~ Sun Moon Lake (part 2)

Did you read my post last week about the Sun Moon Lake… Now we are the Wenwu Temple!! The temple area is the home of two temples. One is the ‘Benefit Temple’ of Jihyueh Village and another is the ‘Dragon Phoenix’ Temple of Shuishe Village. The Gods of these two temples protect territory and people and are worshiped by the local people. 






Here you will see loads of petitions written on golden lamps… and some on paper too.. I wrote a petition too.. Mine I guess was the only one in English!! *smiles*…








In early days, the only way to enter the temple from the lake, was through steep steps. There are 365 steps leading to the Wenwu Temple. These are called… ‘365 steps to heaven’… Each step has an inscription that I couldn’t read, with a date on it…




The construction style of this temple follows the Northern Dynasty with three halls ~ the front hall, the middle hall and the back hall. The temple has a spectacular main entrance and a grand temple courtyard. 






After spending a few hours at the Wenwu Temple, we ventured into the Wenwu Temple Hiking Trail to the Bamboo Rock Garden. From here a bus ride back to the Shuishe Dam and Shuishe Peir. We stopped for coffee as the sun was setting, and I clicked nearly a million pictures of the stunning sun set. 














Sorry… my lovelies… we don’t really get to see such gorgeous skies in Dubai.. so my heart felt like an 8 year old child again… and I simply couldn’t stop clicking… *smiles*




I sure hope you enjoyed this tour with me to the ‘Sun Moon Lake’… By far a refreshing and rejuvenating day! *smiles*

14 comments:

  1. wowww enjoyed the picture tour 365 steps to heaven are reallyy heavennnnn,no words to speak about the sunset clicks :)Glad finally got a chance to comment first of all in this splendid blog atleast for once...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the sky snaps too much very nice..:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. awesome click

    Aarthi
    http://yummytummy-aarthi.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The clicks are awesome patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful clicks, Patty ! Oh ! I love those colorful dragons everywhere.. !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the moody skies, Patty. Looks like you've had loads of fun this year! :) Hope the rest of it is as full with smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What gorgeous pictures! I guess you bought lots of treasures and will be showing them off on Monday....(Chinese new year?)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice pics. Any idea why it is called the sun moon lake?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thaiwan is wonderful.temple is very colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just go through the picture. It's really awesome place. I think people should visit once. Thank you.


    Stone Garden Sculptures

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pictures Patricia!
    Hugs from Spain

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing pictures and I have loved the vibrant colors that have been used on the temples :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Sunset pics are good. I like Thaiwan pics too. I too like to explore places and their cultures. Interesting post.

    ReplyDelete
  14. God that sky is gorgeous! This only confirms my wish to travel to Taiwan some day.

    ReplyDelete

I love to hear from you.... Thank you for leaving me a note!